Easter Revision Course FAQs
Here are the most commonly asked questions about our A Level Maths revision courses.
- Who delivers these courses?
- The courses will, in part, be delivered by myself, John Armstrong, the creator of ALevelMathsRevision.com. I am a qualified teacher of Maths in a sixth form college with extensive knowledge of the current linear A Level Maths specification. I graduated in 2007 from the University of York with a Distinction in MSc. Mathematics with Modern Applications having previously completed an undergraduate BSc in Mathematics and Computer Science. Please visit my YouTube Channel or look at the video below to see examples of my teaching. When the course numbers require it, I will draw upon a few carefully selected colleagues to help deliver the courses, although I will be present and delivering content at all courses.
- Why is this different to other revision courses?
- We firmly believe that in order to get the best out of students, you need to do far more than simply “tell them how to do it”. We work on developing the mathematical thought process, adopting a radically different approach than simply “lecturing” students to success. A combination of many years experience of delivering A Level Maths in schools, exam board marking experience and a high teacher to student ratio so students can ask about any problems they encounter as they occur means our approach is very different to those of other providers.
- How much do your courses cost?
- Unlike other providers of A Level Maths revision courses, we are open and honest about the cost of our service in advance of booking. Our 4-day courses cost £150 per day therefore £600 in total. For this you get a total of 24 hours of expert tuition from a qualified classroom teacher with extensive knowledge of the A Level Maths syllabus and in-depth knowledge and experience of the exam marking process.
- Where are your courses held?
- Courses take place at the University of York in their state of the art conference and teaching room facilities. This provides a quiet, studious and focused environment in which students can get the most out of the experience.
Book a Place
The course is popular and places are limited so please book in advance to avoid disappointment. Click the button below to book a place. If you have any questions please fill in the form below and we will usually call you back on the same day.
- I see you are based in York. Do you deliver courses elsewhere?
- Currently we only deliver courses in York, however, our courses really are worth travelling for. You can book reasonably priced accommodation on the University of York Campus if you live further afield and want to stay over. Accommodation on the University of York campus can be booked via the external site UniversityRooms.com by clicking here.
- How big are the class sizes?
- Class sizes differ from course to course, however, we guarantee that the ratio of teachers to students will be at least 1 qualified teacher per 10 students. We will often have subject specialist assistants in addition to a qualified teacher presence to further enhance contact time and improve the student learning experience.
- What times do the courses run from/until?
- Courses run from 9.00am to 4.30pm with regular breaks throughout the day. Students will receive a total of 6 hours tuition per day from our A Level Maths subject experts.
- How is the course structured?
- We have a full page dedicated to answering this question. Please visit our “Course Information” page for more details.
- How do I know how good your courses are?
- A very good question! These courses have been running for many years now and, unlike our competitors, we use Google Business to host our reviews so you can rest assured that they are genuine and independently written. We will post a link to them shortly. Furthermore, check out our YouTube Channel for a taster of how the teaching is delivered.